To move a copy of your Joomla! website to your local server you will first need to set up your local server. I recommend using XAMPP for this. XAMPP will let you set up an Apache PHP MySQL server. You can download a copy of the program here: https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html
- Once you have your local server setup open up your server and navigate to your PHPMyAdmin which should already be installed. Go ahead and set up a database. Since you don’t have to worry about security on your local server you don’t need to set up a password. Your new database will have the username root and will not require a password.
- Go to your live Joomla! site and make an Akeeba backup of your entire site and download it to your local computer.
- Place the compressed file in the htdocs folder of your localserver. Make sure to get a copy of kickstart.php from https://www.akeebabackup.com/products/akeeba-kickstart.html.
- Extract the file and look for kickstart.php among all the other files. In this case that is the only file you need. Upload that to your htdocs folder as well
- In your browser navigate ot http://localhost. You should get the Akeeba installer screen. Follow the prompts and connect your database.
- Open up your localhost again and see your site!
Let me know if you need help!