Choosing an SEO Company for Your Non Profit
These days there are so many SEO companies out there it is hard to tell who is legitimate and who isn’t. This article is meant to provide some guidance on how to choose a partner for your SEO needs. Remember that good SEO is more about the work you put into it rather than being a secret skill. What this means is that any one is capable of getting good SEO if they are willing to do some research and put in the time and effort.
- Work with a local company. If you are small organization it will be helpful to have an SEO company that specializes in your area and who has representatives that can meet with you in person. If you are in the New York city area give us a call.
- Ask the company representative directly how they do what they do. Find out the specfic directories that they will submit your site to and how they propose to help you get quality back links. If they cannot tell you specifics then beware! Most reputable SEO companies will be able to tell you exactly what they are going to do for your site. Remember, there aren’t any big trade secrets or magic bullet to getting good rankings. Most high rankings are acquired through good old fashion hard work like creating quality content and performing on-page optimization as well as pursing high quality back links through guest posting.
- Beware of too good to be true” promises. Any company that promises you first page rankings is probably not being honest.
- Ask for samples of writing they have done.The truth is that you can submit your site URL to thousands of directories but all the back links in the world won’t matter if you have lousy content. In fact getting low quality back links can be detrimental to your SEO campaign. the first thing you need to do is build your audience and get your content out there.
- Research – look for reviews of the SEO company online or ask the company for references. Beware of big hosting companies that try to sell you services and then sub-contract your account.
- Educate yourself. Sign up for Google webmaster tools, start looking at your analytics, know what back links are coming to your site and start monitoring your site.
If you were to work with us we would do the following:
1. Assess your site through a discovery phase and offer specific suggestions about how to improve your rankings including consulting with you on keywords that you should rank for and potential sites to approach for guest blogging and linking.
2. Provide you with a site audit which will give you a baseline to understanding your site. We will do all the on-page optimization for you and provide a list of key words to target. Take a look at this article about page optimization.
3. Write quality blog content based on your niche area and get that content published on high authority domains.
4. Judiciously submit your site to key directories and listings like Yelp,Yahoo, Google and local and national business listings if relevant.
Find out more about what we do here.
Remember, the most important part of SEO is your content. If the content is no good then no amount of back linking will help. Since our clients are usually the experts in the niche they want to dominate, our SEO plans are a partnership. We are selective about who we work with and want to feel passionate about the work we do. With us you don’t just get an SEO expert but a partner who genuinely cares about what’s best for your website and online presence.